Total Pageviews

Friday, September 3, 2010

GLEE


Google ad sense was nice enough to approve my blog without thinking much. I think I should do justice to their confidence and write more often on the blog.
As always, I will write something about what I saw.
Today, I saw GLEE.
GLEE is this new show which has taken everybody by storm.
The sheer power of the show is the music in it. None of it is original, they are all covers. But they are improvised versions of the existing songs. I would not be surprised if people like the Glee version more than the original version of the song.
I have been pretty much following the show from the beginning. Well, there is nothing much in the story line. You will get all of it even if you watch the adverts. But the performances are what we need to watch out for.
I wonder why and how they came with the name GLEE. It is such a weird name for anything…let alone a sing and dance club. Yes, I do understand that it means extreme happiness and all that..and that is probably what these people are experiencing when they sing and dance…but still…it is a kind of weird thing to name a club Glee.
Well, then again, they have obviously thought about it well because the word, “Glee” is a four letter word and well I know for a fact that four letter words have the maximum recall when it comes to words. So yes, it is a smart move.
The characters in the show now –
Mr. Shue – I really wish I knew his full name. But they refer to him as Shuester and what not..I kind of lost his name somewhere. He is pretty much the reason the Glee Club exists.
His wife – Stupid Lady. She pretended to be prego when she was not, just to keep the guy with her. Anyway, they ve split. She is the same lady from Heroes who plays Claire’s biological mother.
Weird female teacher – She has a problem with a lot of things. She has problems with things like touching what other people have touched, the shine on shoes, etc. Well, a character similar to Monk’s character. She is a pretty lady though and yes u are thinking right…Shuester has a thing for her.
There was this one episode where they tried to sleep together and the Madonna song, “Like a Virgin” played and everybody sang and at the end of it…they dint sleep with each other…oh whatever!
The song was played with three couples running around..one was Raechel and Jamie ( I will explain in a bit), Finn and cheerleader girl(not the one he got pregnant) and Shuester and weird teacher lady…
It was a good song…cos when I heard the original the other day, I realised that they had put a lot of work into it..to make it look the way it did.
Anyway the Glee club members now!
Raechel – the girl who can sing but is really annoying…I mean you can actually get annoyed with her even though u can only see her on tv…
And she was named that, cos her dads love FRIENDS.
Finn – the high school jock who has a soft side and loves to sing…very high school musical kinda thing…
Kurt – Gay boy who is nice. I kind of think he is cute…but very Zach Effron kinda cute…but cute nevertheless…would love to see him playing a straight role.
Tina – Goth girl who is very shy and kind of stammers too.
Artie - Boy on wheelchair. Tina seems to be dating this guy. He is a nice guy I think. Do not know too much about him.
Getting tired of writing descriptions. So only names follow and whatever I feel is absolutely necessary u guys know about the show!
Cheer leader who fooled Finn by telling him that she was pregnant with his kid.
The guy who actually kpnocked her u
Some other cheerios..cheer leaders…that’s what is means
SUE – oh well..she definitely needs a few words from me. The lady who is an absolute bitch in the whole series. She hates the GLEE club and tries to destroy it in every way possible.
Mercedes – Not a car.. An african american girl..who has an amazing voice..
Possibly, there are people I am missing. But well, do watch the show. It is good.
Especially, if you like musicals and well maybe even just singing and dancing!!

2 comments:

  1. good to see the google ad sense working for you, i tried so many times, it seems they are not happy with the quality of the content or they want me to blog on some american show!!!

    And 4-5 letter words are always a hit!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..Why not try an American show! :) 4 to 5 letter words are definitely a hit!!

    ReplyDelete