Total Pageviews

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Charge

There is this one thing which always scared the hell out of me. My battery running out on my iPod. I am the kind of person who is normally prepared for everything. Even the battery back up. If I am going somewhere in the day, normally al lthe gadgets I carry will be fully charged or I will be carrying the charger. But then, in everybody's life there are those days when you just cant help it. The pod runs out on you, your phone has no charge inspite of charging it the whole night, little did you know that someone switched the plugs so that they could charge the phone..hah...
A new worry these days is the laptop running out and no plug point being there near you. Its scary I know, especially when you know there are like a hell lotta assignments due the next day. So well, Gotta find a plug point and then charge it. Yes, hopefully things will get back to normal with the pod and the phone and the lappy.
Now, what is it that happens when we run out of charge. I don't have to wonder much cos that happens to me a lot. I just take the day off and lie on the bed. I think of my bed as the charging pod where I can just plug in and get charged. Its mostly the reason why I am on full charge all the time, till the moment it all runs out. Yes there is a life u know...even for my inbuilt battery..
Now, what exactly is this charge. Hmm...well, now I will have to segregate the needs and the charging points. To start with, there is the sleep reservoir. This needs to be full at all time. An empty sleep reservoir can do you so much harm, you have no idea. The thing about this reservoir is, it has no limit as such. You can just keep filling it up and it never goes waste. And when do you use it?....Its used on all those days you have to sleep an hour or two less. Every hour of extra sleep you put into it gets converted and replenishes the little bit you havent slept. So all in all, I think I have explained how the sleep reservoir works.
Now to tell you about the TV pack. This is that place in my head where all the watching is stored. There are times when I cant watch a lot cos of some other work or no access to television. What does one do in such a situation? Take a day off in the middle of your hectic schedule and watch tv the whole day. I know it sounds ridiculous, but trust me it is important for u to function properly. It kind of relaxes everything in your body. Your mind need not do much work while you are watching. It kind of makes you forget everything and takes you to a very special place in your head. TV is a distraction and a way to not think of what is actually happening around you. Kinda takes you to another world. Now, that is obviously a fantastic way of relaxing and getting your senses to work properly again cos putting up a wall between yourself and reality is one of the most important things while relaxing and trust me people, there is no better way than tv. So there you go, your tv pack is all full and now you are all set to tackle a new day with a new mind.
Next is your online reservoir which can be if wish it to be...coupled with the reading reservoir. It is necessary to do these activities on a regular basis. How regularly depends on how smart you are and how much of your absorption capacity is actually left in you. This in most common people is less now a days..I mean on an average because people are stupid these days. But the ones who are not will need this atleast once a day. And the days you do not get to do this, it is likely that you get cranky and weird. But well, you can always make up for it by putting in an extra lil effort the next day.
The music bag. This is of utmost importance. Music is like the heart of the whole operation. You might not realize it many a times. But it is very very important. And when you do not have music, you have no heart and your mind gets control over everything. Yes, rationality is good. But not completely and always. So well, to actually do things properly, you need to listen to music regularly. I mean without that where is the funny place in your head. Creativity comes from this music. Do not ignore it. In a day it is necessary that you listen to a few songs even if you do not like music much. But if you do, the listen to it as much as you can. No point in waiting to hear the announcement in the station, keep yourself alert. You can always do without the sense of hearing for your daily activities. I think listening to music while traveling makes you much more alert about everything around you contrary to what people might think about it being a distraction. You are more cautious, you look more careful everywhere so that you don't run into someone or a vehicle doesn't run you over. You have to be careful. You have to understand what the other person is telling you by reading their lips. It can't get tougher than that.It helps you make your senses sharp if you ask me. Try it. 
Now that you have done all of the above, you have to sit down or stand or lie down or in whichever position you like...you have to be alone...and you have to think. You have to spend some time with yourself everyday. Reflect on what you have experienced in the day. Sit down and feel one with yourself. Embrace your fears, your uncertainties and everything that you feel. If you feel happy, smile. If you feel sad, cry. If you feel jealous, say it out loud.If you are grateful for something, let it show on ur face. It makes you feel free. It is a wonderful feeling. Experience it. 
There is one other thing you can do..which is a lovely way to charge yourself. You can chant. You need not be a believer in any religion to do this. You need not think there is god. IT is an energy which you feel. Its lovely. Well, me being Hindu by birth..I have been exposed to books like the Bhagvad Gita, Lalita Sahasranamam and the like. I have my doubts about religion and god. But chanting is one thing that makes me feel awesome. Whether I believe in it or not. So just read it all out loudly..rather sing it and experience the difference it brings in you.
I am not gonna talk about the things which all of you do like Go for a walk, talk to people, hang out with friends and all that...cos I think everyone is aware about those ways of charging yourself.
So if anyone ever reads this blog and feels like trying out these methods, do let me know if any of them help you to re charge, the way they help me.
And one more thing, it is very important in life to have that charge, cos without that you are almost nothing. Just a robot doing what the world has prescribed...never thinking..never questioning and never growing. So keep it on full, if you can.. :) 
Thats all for now.. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment